Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa: If you are interested in applying for a subclass 820 visa, this article will give you a rough idea of what you need to know.
Those who are married to or in a committed relationship with a New Zealand or Australian citizen are eligible for the category 820 visa. However, to get a visa, you need an Australian partner to sponsor you. If accepted, you and your Australian partner will be permitted to spend a brief period of time living there.
Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa: The Process
The following is how the application works, which consists of two steps:
- Subclass 820/801 visa applicants must first submit a joint application. Remember that the 801 visa falls within the category of permanent resident visas.
- You will also need to provide Immigration with proof that you still fulfill the criteria for the visa after two years have passed since you submitted your application. Your relationship status with your Australian partner, whether married or in a de facto partnership, will play a significant role in this.
You will only be evaluated for the subclass 820 visa at the time of your first application submission (in step 1). The Department will determine whether you qualify for a subclass 801 permanent residence visa once the two-year period after application lodgement has elapsed.
What is the process for long-term relationships?
There are also situations when your application will only require a single step. Step one in this process is applying for and receiving a subclass 801 permanent resident visa.
The presence of a long-term relationship between you and your Australian sponsoring partner increases the likelihood of this happening. For purposes of this definition, “long-term” means at least:
Three years, or two years if the couple has a kid who is dependent on them.
What can you do with a Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa?
- In Australia, you may work, study, and live while your permanent partner visa is being processed.
- You are also allowed an unlimited number of trips to and from Australia.
- If you meet the requirements, enroll in the Adult Migrant English Program’s free English language sessions.
- Get signed up for Medicare, Australia’s public health care program.
Benefits of the Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa
Holders of the Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa are eligible for a number of incentives, including the following:
- The capacity to temporarily reside, work, and pursue educational pursuits in Australia.
- Having access to the healthcare system in Australia via the Medicare programme.
- The possibility of submitting an application for a permanent partner visa while one is resident in Australia.
- The inclusion of children who are dependent on the applicant in the visa application.
In summary, this visa option comes with several lifelong benefits for successful applicants.
Do you need more detailed information regarding the subclass 820 temporary visa? Or do you have any other inquiries you may have? You can get in touch with Ozvisainfo. We can provide you with comprehensive information and address any specific concerns you may have.