When applying for nursing in Perth several criteria and guidelines need to be followed to pursue a career in nursing for a foreigner wishing to work in Australia
• The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHRPA) looks at several criteria’s that will allow the registration process to take place,
1. Documentation supporting your identity and proof of the nationality is required such as birth certificate, passport and nurse license obtained from the country of birth or stay.
2. English Proficiency Skills will be evaluated most commonly using the IELTS scores (above 7) is considered as the standard testing for speaking, writing, reading and listening.
3. The degree or diploma carried out must be equivalent to the Australian nursing education
4. Experience as a nurse must be shown through the form of service letters, and reference letters from previously worked organizations or practitioners.
5. Criminal charges, mental health issues or physical disabilities that prevent you from working as a nurse.
Once all the above checklists are covered the application can be sent for registration with the AHRPA, once you have registered, you can apply for a visa to work and live in Australia. Most commonly long stay visas are sponsored by employer else, a visa can be obtained under GSM provision of the department of immigration and citizenship.
A Useful link about nursing
Why live in joondalup