The Australian Government has added 134 new occupations to the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL) this week opening up an opportunity to obtain Permanent Residence (PR) for Temporary Skilled Visa holders already in Australia who wish to live and work in WA.

What is all about Skilled Migration to WA?

New Eligible Occupations to Skilled Migration to WA:

Those who have their occupation on the WASMOL may be eligible for WA State Nomination under one of the below visas:

  • Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa
  • Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa

A new Schedule of occupations has been included in the WASMOL, which now consists of Schedule 1 and 2.

Geologists, Mechanical Engineering Technicians, Chefs, and Cooks are some of the new occupations eligible for permanent Residence under WA State Nomination.

More Occupations Eligible for Skilled Migration to WA

The Visa Requirements:

Individuals must fulfill the following requirement:

  • Must meet the requirements of the Department of Home Affairs  for their visa
  • Must live in Australia at the moment
  • Must possess proficiency in English if your occupation is classified as a ‘Manager’ or ‘Professional’ occupation
  • Must meet ‘competent’ English requirements for all other occupations
  • Must hold a letter of offer for 12 months of full-time employment – which states that market salary rates will be paid and business requirements have been met
  • Must have sufficient funds to support their settlement in WA

Individuals having an occupation on the WASMOL Schedule 1 must also meet the following additional requirements:

  • A minimum of one year of work experience in Australia in the nominated occupation over the last 10 years
  • A minimum of three years of work experience in overseas in the nominated occupation over the last 10 years

A person’s work experience is valid only after their qualification has been received. It must also be a paid employment involving a minimum of 20 hours/week.

The Expression of Interest and Application Process:

To apply for a State/Territory Nominated Skilled Visa, a person must first:

  1. Gather evidence for several Points-tested requirements
  2. Lodge an Expression of Interest
  3. Obtain Nomination from the State/Territory Government
  4. Receive an Invitation to apply for a visa from the Commonwealth Government

Points can be claimed for the applicant’s English level, age, work experience, education, regional work (if any) – and if applicable, for their partner’s English level, age, and skills.

For more information email [email protected]

More info: ozvisainfo.com

More info: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au