International Students in Perth

4 major Universities in Perth

Perth, the world’s most isolated city is a major city in Western Australia- the country’s largest state, and Australia’s fastest growing capital city. The population is just 2 million people, but is a major destination for international students attracting 35,000 of them to its 4 major universities; Murdoch, Edith Cowan, the University of Western Australia and Curtin.

The University of Western Australia is the most prestigious university of the lot and also ranks highly amongst Australia’s top universities. It is located just a short drive from the city centre on the ocean side of the stunningly wild King’s Park.

35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley WA 6009, Australia

Murdoch University is based in Perth’s southern suburbs and is very popular with international students at undergraduate level with international students forming nearly half of their student body.
90 South St, Murdoch WA 6150, Australia

Edith Cowan is situated in Joondalup north of Perth and also has campus’s in Bunbury and is a great place for teacher training.

270 Joondalup Dr, Joondalup WA 6027, Australia

Curtin University is the largest university in Perth with approximately 40,000 students with a third of these being international students. Curtin is known internationally for its research and also has facilities in Sydney and Asia.Curtin has its main campus in Bentley which is 8km from the Perth CBD.
Kent St, Bentley WA 6102, Australia

Student visa required for International Students

International students wanting to study in Perth will require a Student Visa. Check with a Perth registered migration agent to find out what documents you may need to supply in order to apply for a student visa for Australia. Providing international students have received their confirmation of enrollment from their chosen place of study you can apply for a student visa. Should you be enrolled on a full time course with a student visa you should be able to work part-time to support yourself whilst studying in Perth – however going through the process with a Perth migration agent will ensure you know exactly what you can and can’t do whilst studying in Perth.