Guide on Employer Nomination Scheme: Skilled workers may apply for permanent residency in Australia under the Employer Nomination Scheme. An eligible Australian employer must recommend you, and then you must apply via the nominated stream.There are three different application processes: Agreement, Direct Entry, and Temporary Residence Transition.

The Temporary Residence Transition stream

A 457 visa holder who has been with their current company for two years and is given a permanent employment may apply via the Temporary Residence Transition route. People who have never worked in Australia, have only worked for a short period of time, are temporary residents who do not meet the requirements for the Temporary Residence Transition stream, and were nominated by an employer before to July 1, 2012, are eligible to apply via the Direct Entry stream. Employers that have a labour agreement in place may sponsor their employees via the Agreement stream.


Applicants are required to obtain a valid nomination for their desired profession from an authorised Australian employer in order to submit an application. Additionally, they need to have certain abilities, credentials, and proficiency in English, and they can’t be older than 50 years old (unless otherwise specified).

De Facto partner

Members of the applicant’s immediate family, such as children and spouses or de facto partners, are eligible to apply. The application form includes a declaration that the applicant would adhere to the laws of Australia and respect the Australian way of life. After reading Life in Australia, anybody above the age of 18 is required to sign this. Anyone, regardless of location, may apply for an ENS visa online.

Approval of the visa grants permanent residence to the applicant and any accompanying family members. Within five years of the visa’s acceptance, you will be able to do the following: live, work, and study in Australia; get Medicare; apply for Australian citizenship; sponsor other relatives for permanent residence; and travel to and from Australia.