If you have aspirations to move Down Under for work then you will need to be skilled or have the desired qualification that allows you to enter the country under specific visas. Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 or 462) or the Temporary Work (skilled) subclass 457 Visa could be something to consider.

Migrants to Australia especially from the UK are growing at a rapid pace so to enter the country you have to be able to offer something back. It’s clear to see why there is a constant flow of migrants from the UK to Australia as there are a number of benefits such as the culture, weather and lifestyle. However, getting a visa there isn’t as simple as you might think if you’re moving for work. Below are the specific visas you will be applying for. Each are specific to your circumstance and are depend on your skill set, experience and other factors.

• SkillSelect
• Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186)
• Regional Sponsored Migrations Scheme (subclass 187)
• Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
• Training and Research visa (subclass 402)
• Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Workstream.

Finding Skilled Work In Australia

5 Tips For Securing A Trade Job In Australia

  1. Get Your Employment History In Order and make sure you have evidence of your work history
  2. Make sure you have certified qualifications and the documents to prove it
  3. Be presentable and think about what employers might ask you in an interview so you are prepared
  4. Take an IELTS Test
  5. Save up enough cash to ensure you’re in a financial position to make the move comfortably

The latter visa requires you to nominate from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) which occupation you are applying for. This is also required if you are applying for an Independent or Family Sponsored Points Tested visa. You can find out what the SOL consists of here.

Finding skilled work in Australia