Family Visas to Include Your Spouse and Child:

Work Visa PerthStudent visa perthHoliday visa PerthFamily visa Perth

Want to bring a spouse or minor kid to the country on a family visa? Below here, you will find a list of the Australian visa types that allow spouses and children to migrate to Australia.

For a FREE initial consultation with one of our migration agents, please contact us


Partner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) Visa (subclass 100)
If you are married to, or in a de facto relationship with, an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or qualified New Zealand citizen, you may go to Australia and live there with the Partner Provisional and Partner Migrant visa. You must be outside of Australia during the application.

Partner Visa (subclasses 820 and 801)
You may live in Australia on a Partner visa if you’re married to, or in a committed partnership with, an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or a citizen of an eligible New Zealand country.

You must be in Australia during the application.

Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)
You may temporarily enter Australia to marry your spouse, who must be a permanent resident, an Australian citizen, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, using the Prospective Marriage visa. You are need to be outside of Australia at the time of application, and the visa is valid for nine months.

Child Visa (subclass 101)
A minor may go to Australia with their parents thanks to the Child visa. A parent who is both a permanent resident of Australia and a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand, or a citizen of either country, must apply for the kid’s sponsorship visa from outside of Australia in order for the child to be eligible.

Child Visa (subclass 802)
A minor may remain in Australia indefinitely with the help of the Child visa. At the time of application, the minor must be physically present in Australia, and one of the sponsoring parents must be a permanent resident visa holder, citizen, or permanent resident of New Zealand.

Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445)
While their parents’ permanent partner visas are in the process, children may enter and leave Australia under the Dependent Child visa.

A minor, someone who is financially reliant on a parent, or someone who is unable to work because of a mental or physical disability are all qualifying conditions.

Adoption Visa (subclass 102)
An adopted kid from outside of Australia may join their new family in Australia with the help of the Adoption visa.

The child’s adoptive parents must sponsor them, and they must be under the age of 18. Additionally, the minor must submit their visa application while not in Australia.

Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 117)
A youngster may visit Australia and reside with a sponsored family who qualifies for the Orphan family visa.

The minor must be less than 18 years old and either an orphan or the child of parents who are unable to care for them. The minor must be a non-Australian resident in order to apply.

Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 837)
A kid may get permanent residence in Australia under the Orphan Relative visa if they live with a sponsored relative who meets the requirements.

The minor must be less than 18 years old and either an orphan or the child of parents who are unable to care for them.
An Australian application is required from the minor.

Australian Visa: Families and Partners (Family Members Attachment on a Visa)

In most cases, a student visa holder may bring one or more close relatives as dependents. Dependent is defined as follows:

Couples of the same or opposite sex who have lived together for at least a year and can provide evidence of that fact
Own or partner’s children who is/are still a minor or who is/are still in continuous school. Additionally, keep in mind that the visa holder’s academic program will determine the kind of job privileges that a dependant partner may get.

  Programme/Degree Work permit/right
1. Bachelor 40 hours/fortnight
2. Master (Coursework/Research) Unlimited

School Age Dependent

If the visa holder is planning to travel with children under the age of 18, they will need to cover the costs of enrolling them in a private or state continuous education school in Australia. The amount of these fees, which may be as high as A$25,000 per kid, depends on the region of residency.

Approximate state school fees in Australian $:

South Australia $5,500
New south Wales $6,000
Tasmania $7,500
Victoria $12,500
Australia Capital Territory $12,500
Queensland $12,500
Western Australia $6,500

All of the aforementioned point to the cost of tuition. The costs shown here do not reflect the average cost of a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Western Australia.

Family Visas to Include Your Spouse and Child: Schools Information Portal

The visa holder may visit the web-portal of any relevant department of education of the state/ territory in which they intend to reside.

  • Australian Capital Territory’s Education and Training Department
  • Southern Australian Government Schools
  • Western Australian-Education and Training International
  • New south Wales-Department of Education and Communities
  • Tasmania-Department of Education
  • Victoria-Department of Education and Early Childhood Development

Dependent 18 Years And Above

Unless they are currently pursuing an A-level or comparable level certification, adult children are no longer considered dependents of an Australian student visa. If they want to go with the visa holder, they’ll need to apply for a personal visa. At the age of 18, kids may apply for admission to any school in Australia and travel alone without requiring a parent or guardian to accompany them on a student visa.