Complete Guide on Australian Work Visas: In this article, we’ll go over the several types of Australian work visas and how they function.​

Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
The Working Holiday Visa, which allows young people to go to Australia for a period of up to one year to work and vacation, is the most popular visa for this purpose. The Working Holiday Visa is open to foreign nationals who meet the following criteria:

  • Be between the ages of 18 and 31
  • Not be traveling with a dependent child
  • Possess approximately $5,000 AUD to cover living expenses while in Australia
  • Be able to afford a return ticket when your visa expires
  • Hold a passport from a qualifying country.

The UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Canada, and Japan are among the nations that may apply for this kind of visa. There are a total of nineteen nations.

Complete Guide on Australian Work Visas: Work & Holiday Visa (subclass 462)
Young people may enjoy a vacation and work in Australia for up to a year with the Work & vacation Visa, which is similar to the Working Holiday Visa. To qualify for a Work & Holiday Visa, you must meet the following age requirements: 

  • You must not be older than 31 years old, but not older than 18
  • A valid passport from a qualifying nation is required.
  • You are not allowed to bring a dependent kid with you while you are here.

Uruguay, Turkey, Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and the United States are among the countries that qualify for the Work & Holiday Visa. There has been no announcement of when the work and holiday agreement between Australia and Greece and Poland would go into effect.

Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573)
You could be eligible for a Higher Education Sector Visa to remain in Australia and pursue your bachelor’s, master’s, certificate, or diploma in higher education if you’re a student.
Visa requirements and procedures are simplified based on the applicant’s age, the country to which their passport is registered, and the nation from which they are applying. In most cases, this visa is what you require whether you are a student in need of a first-time visa, a second-time visa, or to visit a family member already studying in Australia.​

Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457)

In March 2018, the TSS visa replaced this. With the 457 Visa, a qualified individual may travel to Australia and work for a sponsored company for a maximum of four years in their chosen profession. The Skilled Occupation List is a necessary need for sponsorship approval. Acquiring this visa requires you to:

  • Have a verified company sponsor you
  • Make sure you’re qualified for the position for which you’ve been nominated.
  • You should only apply if no Australian citizen or permanent resident is available for the open post.
  • Proficiency in business English

Only occupy a post that cannot be filled by an Australian citizen or resident. Speak vocational English. Have the necessary skills to execute the work. Be sponsored by an authorized firm. This visa grants its holders the freedom to come and go from Australia as they want, work for up to four years, and even bring their families to study or work.​

Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
If you are a skilled worker with no employer sponsorship or nomination, you may apply for the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) using your points. That visa is available to you if you:

  • Completed the interest form
  • Selected a profession for inclusion in the list of qualified workers
  • Successfully completed an evaluation of occupational skills
  • Have not yet turned 50 years o age
  • Know one’s way around the English language
  • Have received an invitation letter from the government of Australia

You may become a permanent resident of Australia and work in the country with the Skilled Independent Visa. Not only that, but you may include your spouse and any dependents to your application as well.

Partner Visa (subclasses 820 and 801)
Those who are married to, living with, or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or qualified New Zealand citizen are eligible for the Partner Visa (subclass 820 and 801). The visa is only available to those who are legally married or in a legally recognized de facto relationship. Applicants just need to submit a single application and pay a single application fee for both the temporary Partner Visa (subclass 820) and the permanent Partner Visa (subclass 801). Both the visa application and the decision-making process must take place in Australia.