Choosing a migration agent in Perth 10 things to remember
Check that the person giving you advice is a registered migration agent. You can ask the agent for their registration number and the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- Get the office to confirm that the details are correct and that indeed the person giving you advice is a qualified migration and empowered to give migration advice.
- Only registered migration agents can legally give immigration assistance in Australia
- The migration agent should give assistance preparing a visa application and other related documents
- The migration agent should give you advice relating to your application and other visa matter.
- If the migration matter is appearing before a court or review board the agent should represent you.
- The Migration agent should lodge your application
- The Migration agent should monitor the progress of your application.
- The migration should convey any issues that are causing your visa to be delayed.
- Make sure your migration agent is a specialist in the type of visa you require.
- Call a few migration agent to get an idea of rates. Large companies of migration lawyers can be expensive some time twice as costly.
In general use your common sense, a Migration agent just out of college may not have the practical experience in terms of your requirements.
If you are looking for a spousal visa to enter Australia, it is an expensive process.
The average process time is between 12 and 15 months. From January 1, the cost for someone wanting to migrate to Australia to marry their partner rose to AU$4627. The cost for onshore permanent partner visas has risen AU $7000.
On top of this you have the migration agent fee, this can vary from AU3000 to 4500, so check out the migration agent you are going to use, check the fee that has to be paid to the government and make sure you know how much you are being charged for the service the Migration agent is providing.
Choosing a migration agent in Perth 10 things to remember and check before to agree to the appointment of a migration agent.