Australian Immigration December 2021 Border Changes New Updates
We will explain what has changed with regard to border restrictions. Also, we elaborate on what the new COVID variation implies for visa holders wishing to travel to Australia. It would be best if you remain current on these changes.
Travel Restrictions and Exemptions
Travel to Australia is only possible if you are exempt from the visa requirement or have been given an individual exemption.
Travel restrictions are now in effect for anybody who has spent the previous 14 days in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Eswatini, Namibia, Mozambique, or Malawi. In accordance with state and territory rules, Australian citizens, permanent residents, or their immediate family members entering Australia after having been to any of these countries during the previous 14 days must be placed in a monitored quarantine for 14 days before entering Australia. This is true independent of one’s level of immunization.
Other travelers who have visited these countries within the past 14 days are prevented from entering Australia. This is true regardless of whether they possess a travel exemption, an approved visa, or are entering under a safe travel zone agreement.
International Safe Travel Zones
- From December 15, 2021, eligible Japanese citizens who have completed their vaccinations will be allowed to travel from Japan to Australia without the need to obtain a travel exemption and will be able to enter participating states and territories without being subjected to quarantine requirements.
- From December 15, 2021, eligible, fully vaccinated citizens of the Republic of Korea (South Korea) will be permitted to travel from the Republic of Korea to Australia without obtaining a travel exemption. And they will be able to enter participating states and territories without being subjected to quarantine requirements.
- On November 1, 2021, New Zealand began offering one-way quarantine-free travel to eligible Australian states and territories.
Every traveler who has been in either New Zealand or Australia for at least 14 days before traveling by air from New Zealand to Australia without first asking for a travel exemption is eligible for this exemption.
However, all eligible travelers must fulfill all other entry requirements for Australia, including immigration, customs, and biosecurity clearance, among others.
- Beginning November 21, 2021, eligible, fully vaccinated Singaporean citizens will be able to travel to Australia without obtaining a travel exemption. It will be allowed to enter participating states or territories without being quarantined.
- B. Travelers who have been in South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, or Malawi within the previous 14 days will not be granted entry into Australia, even in the four cases reviewed above.
Travel for Eligible Travellers
You’d need to produce your International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate to airline officials if you were vaccinated in Australia (ICVC). The ICVC will be delivered in PDF format, which you may print or save to your phone electronically.
What if you had been immunized in a foreign country but did not have an international certificate of immunity? In such a scenario, you must provide a foreign vaccination certificate that complies with all standards set forth on the Australian Passport Office website.
Home Affairs COVID-19 Updates
Numerous updates occur regularly. As a result, you should often check the official website for changes.
Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) specifies 44 jobs that address major skills gaps resulting from COVID-19. The National Skills Commission’s professional opinion and discussions with Commonwealth departments determine who is eligible to be on the list.
Priority will be given to nominations and visa applications supported by employers, including those of the PM SOL profession. Even though all other listings of qualified jobs will continue to be active, the PMSOL list will be prioritized. The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List is available on the official webpage.
Critical skills and sectors
If you are a non-citizen who falls into this category, you may be eligible for an individual exemption from the Australian Border Force Commissioner. A person may submit a request for a travel exemption under this category, or it can be submitted on their behalf by a business organization. The applications of numerous travelers within the same company/business may be linked together so that their requests can be evaluated as a group when making a decision.
Are you eligible to enter Australia as a member of this group? You may learn more about it on the official webpage.
You must adhere to the laws and regulations of the state or territory in which you arrive, as well as the laws and regulations of any other states or territories to which you intend to travel. Included in this are the requirements for quarantine and post-arrival testing. Changes in restrictions may occur with little or no notice.
Depending on the state or territory you are going to, you may be eligible for reduced quarantine procedures upon your return to Australia.
New South Wales, Victoria, and the Australian Capital Territory are the only states and territories in Australia where travelers returning from abroad can enter and travel without quarantine.
What has changed because of the Omicron variant of COVID-19?
After finding the Omicron variety in many southern African nations, the federal government reinstituted border controls.
The nations are South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Malawi, and Mozambique.
Anyone who has visited these countries but is not an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or close family member will be refused entry into Australia.
Australian Immigration December 2021 Border Changes, For more information email [email protected]
WA’s Roadmap to Re-open International Travel, More info: ozvisainfo.com
More info: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au