Applying for Australian Visas from China

Contact Migration Agent Perth


Chinese can apply for visas in Chinese

Since December 2016, Chinese applicants have been allowed to apply for Australian Visas in Chinese thanks to an online service provided by Australian Visa Application Centres (AVACs).

The online option applies to the Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) Tourist stream which has made it possible for Chinese tourists to apply for visas without having to visit an office. The lodgement service is provided in simplified Chinese making it much easier to open up tourism to the Chinese market.

The applications are translated then lodged with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to be processed to suitable candidates.

Frequent traveller visitor visas

In December 2016 the beginning of a trial decade long “Frequent Traveller” Visitor Visa for Chnese passport holders was launched for those residing in mainland China. This visa is suitable for Chinese visitors who need to travel frequently to and from Australia for short stays. However, only a small number of this type of visa are available.

The 10-year ‘Frequent Traveller’ visa allows Chinese Nationals to stay in Australia for up to three months per visit, but applicants must decide if this is the right choice for them. The visa also only permits holders to stay for no more than 12 months (combined) within a 24 month period.

Australian Visa Application Centre

Chinese nationals wanting to apply for the 10 year visa should make an appointment with an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) and provide biometric identifiers e.g fingerprints and photograph. This must be done prior to lodging your application.

You can make biometric collection appointments through the AVAC service delivery partner website. You can then apply for the visa online for $1000 AUD.
For more information about this visa or any others contact a Perth Migration agent. the visa process for australia is full of pitfalls, and it is generally cheaper and easier to get professional advise.

Please see Reference to official Australian Government approved Information here